Friday, December 28, 2012

December Update

Ok I know I've been a little quiet lately. I sorta plataued for a while and thought it would be a little dull just to post same thing over and over. Anyways I've been working on Irish rover (with variation) after Brenda's suggestion I try it.
Firstly, eep! Its in the intermediate section. But need'n't have worried, picked it up fairly quick. But I still need the book in front of me at the moment. So need to practice more and get my speed up so I can add music. Haven't tried turning on the spot with it yet. Which bit of the step to you turn on and which direction?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are making alot of progress. Turning on the spot with the Irish Rover can be however you want it to be, slowly - quickly - 1 turn - 2 turns - to the right first or left first.
    We find turning to the right first with all our turns best and as there are often more than one dancer we stick to this rule so every dancer is turning the same way at the same time. Making a quarter turn on each hop after the double shuffle is quite a good way to work it. So you would do a double shuffle R and L to the front and then make a quarter turn to the R on the next hop (step shuffle HOP), do a double shuffle to the R side and then make a quarter turn to the back on the next hop (step shuffle HOP) and continue the next 2 quarter turns with the variation in this way. Hope this doesn't sound too complicated. The break is facing the front and then the left side of the step does everything on the opposite side in the opposite direction. :) Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete